© 2017 North Street Global Fund Services, LLC. All rights reserved.
Independence, Integrity, Ingenuity
Hedge Fund Accountant - New York City
- Prepare account reconciliations and analyses. Process journal entries to record accounting transactions. Ensure that reconciling items are identified, researched, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare and record monthly financial statements and NAVs
- Contribute to internal project initiatives regarding new product development, testing and implementation
- Overall client satisfaction
- Involvement with new client setups, reorganizations and conversions
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to our clients
- Oversee the external audit process for your clients
- Review client financial statements, partner capital statements and other required financial reporting
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years intensive experience in Accounting and/or Back office Operations working for a Prime broker, administrator, or alternative assets fund.
- Intimate knowledge of partnership accounting, private equity and hedge fund reporting
- Prior experience with various products including equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, options, and including Level 3 securities
- Solid knowledge of corporate actions
- Prior supervisory experience
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Solid attention to detail